Thursday, July 19, 2012

July Block

I got my package in the mail at the end of last week and just couldn't wait to start this block! I love log cabin quilts and have started to really love making wonky log cabin blocks too. I had never made one using the tutorial Stephanie picked out for us so that was pretty exciting too!

I really felt like I got WONKY cutting out the fabric and cutting it again after I sewed on the logs....but it looks pretty unwonky....LOL what the heck how does that happen....maybe its the angle of my picture. I stuck the block to the wall and it too all the wonk out....LOL well that is my story and I am sticking with it!

Nonetheless, if you couldn`t already tell I had a lot of fun making this block! I will get it in the mail tomorrow and hopefully it will make it to the US sometime in the next 4 weeks. BTW at the post office here there is a HUGE sign that says packages to the US take 4-6 business days and letters take 2-4 business days. Since I have been able to send almost everything without having to send it though customs (i just say there is only paper in there....sneaky sneaky. Okay I tell the lady its Quilting Bee Blocks and she doesn`t know what that means. I say fabric and she says so like paper....and I say sure....LOL) it should only take 4 days MAX not 4 weeks....LOL

Have a great day my wonky friends


4 comments:

beaquilter said...

mine was less wonky than I thought too. I'm sneaky with the mail too when I send overseas :-) your block looks great

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Maybe you've gotten so good at cutting with rulers that when you try to cut it wonky your cuts are naturally straight? Looks great straight too. You could try recutting the whole thing like a wonky diagonal and add more strips if you want it more wonky that is.

Stephanie said...

I love it!!! Remember wonky isn't always the straight or crooked lines. It can also be the size of the rounds, the color of the fabrics. The simple fact that we aren't doing a completely red block in the center of a log cabin makes this a wonky block! It looks great to me!!! :)

Stephanie said...

Hayley, I just wanted to give you an update, I have not received the block yet, so custom's must have gotten a hold of it. :( I can't wait to get it though! It is so pretty! When my husband saw the picture he said he liked it a lot! :)